Thursday, August 13, 2009

Introduction

Where are we going and Why am I in this handbasket?




I LOVE old classic TV Shows! Comedy (Sitcoms), Cartoons, Sci-Fi, Adventure! Not just here in the USSA, but from England, Canada, Australia, New Zeland just to name a few. Started out just collecting audio tracks of the show's themesong. Then faster PCs came along, faster internet connections, larger hard drives and Multimedia and I've started collecting the full episodes too! I perfer TV Captures, and if the commercials are there, that's even better! Yes, I like old commercials too, often they are better than the show.

OK, I'm most easily found in the newsgroups. alt.binaries.classic.tv.shows is one place I look for messages, requests. If you're looking for a TV Themesong, then start your journey at www.wavethemes.org - it's been around for over 15 years now. There's so many that moving around might be tuff, but there's a ton there. These are in a MPeg-Layer 3 waveform .wav format. Some players will not work with these now without tweaking. If you're not in the mood to play geek and mess around then just rename the files from .wav to .mp3 and they will work.
OK, why not store them as .mp3 in the first place? Well, the site is called WAVE Themes, not MP3 Themes. Started this site out long before the mp3 experience started and it's just the way I want to do things. I'm too old of a dog to change tricks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment